Breakfast in the "Wunderl"
- Diving into the water at five thirty in the morning, while haze (in spring and autumn) and mist rises from the lake, the water feels like silk and everyone is still asleep. That’s nourishment for the soul …
- For sleepy heads there is still the sunset: Don’t miss this wonderful time! Hide on our terrace, snuggle up in one of our garden loungers and relish the view down to the lake! How it sparkles and glimmers.
- And here’s another tip for early birds: sunrise at the panoramic pavilion in the forest. Watching the Karawanken mountain range gleaming red against the backdrop of first sunlight will make your heart beat faster, promise! On clear days views extend as far as the Dolomite mountains. Talk to us and we will tell you the way!
- It is raining? Doesn’t matter at all. Make yourself comfortable in the winter garden and take a look at the lake and the beautiful shades of the sky. The air - delightfully fresh. The thoughts - so concise. And, look carefully: a rainbow!
- Discover Pörtschach: An early walk across the Pörtschach peninsula and your batteries are recharged… Flowers in different colors and shades with ducks as their companions. Everything else is still asleep. Leaping for joy is guaranteed!
- Our “outdoor arena” has it all and more besides! The beautifully designed multi-level terrace leads into the well-kept garden. Green as far as the eye can see! And blue, of course: Our garden provides the perfect view over the lake. Enjoy breakfast amidst oleanders and box trees – Mediterranean flair paired with Carinthian hospitality!
Enjoy a holiday on the shores of Austria’s most popular lake. The traditional health and seaside resort Pörtschach (2,644 inhabitants) is located directly at Lake Wörthersee, Austria’s warmest alpine lake and most popular “bathtub”. The idyllic small town Pörtschach clings to a characteristic peninsula jutting out into the lake.
Worth seeing: flower promenade along the peninsula, Landspitz landscape conservation area, “Hohe Gloriette” viewing post, Castle hotel Leonstein with Brahms courtyard and bust, “Alt Leonstein ruin, several villas built in the unique Wörthersee architectural style such as “Werzers bathhouse”, “Villa Almrausch”, “Villa Venezia” or “Parkvilla Wörth”. The beauty of the landscape also inspired renowned composers such as Gustav Mahler or Johannes Brahms.
Pörtschach will even help you overcome your weaker self and get you moving! By the lake: public lido featuring giant water slide, diving tower and Kids River, sailing, surfing, water skiing, tennis courts, indoor courts, squash boxes, archery range, golf course, Lake Wörthersee hiking loop, cycling trail along the shore, Runners Fun Nordic walking and running park. Numerous events. Bike rental at the spot. Golf courses close-by: Moosburg-Pörtschach and Seltenheim.
Supermarkets within only a few walking minutes. In the resort, you’ll find a pharmacy, bakery, cafes, drugstores, congress center, doctor’s surgery, two churches, traditional restaurants.
Café Wienerroither (15 walking minutes), Gasthof Zocklwirt (10 walking minutes), Gasthaus Thomas Gruber (5 minutes by car). Running and Nordic walking trail behind the house, mountain bike route nearby. Klagenfurt, the capital of Carinthia can be reached within a few minutes by car.
Nr. 1: Café Wienerroither | Nr. 2 and 3: Markets | Nr. 4: Pharmacy | Nr. 5: Public beach | Nr. 6: Blumenpromenade | Nr. 7: Kindergarten | Nr. 8: Ground- and Musicshool | Nr. 9: Trail station